Thursday, August 04, 2011

Well a good friend (let's just call him the Camel) has just sent me a FB message, saying how much he likes and appreciates the entry on God's timing, and that upon looking back on his life, he realises that certain things happened for a reason, though they can only be understood upon hindsight.

There seems to be virtue and joy in patience and long-suffering after all, nerve wreaking as these two words are.

I have 2 more passages which have done much to encourage me, and which I came to comprehend or even read for the first time at seemingly opportune times itself.

"You O Lord, are the portion of my inheritance and my cup;
You maintain my lot.
The lines have fallen to me in neat places;
Yes, I have a good inheritance.
I will bless the Lord who has given me counsel;
My heart also instructs me in the night seasons,
I have set the Lord always before me:
Because He is at my right hand I shall not be moved"  Psalmes 16: 5-8

I am and still continue to be especially touched by the phrases 'the lines have fallen to me in neat places', because it assures me that because I have tried to always (realise I avoid the absolute) place God before and above me, whatever I have received in life, and whatever that has happened to me in my life, is good-no it is the best-because God has already redeemed the situation(s) and it/they have been covered by His grace. In fact, knowing that God Himself is my inheritance is something that I have slowly grown to though not yet fully understand and appreciate. It kinda sets one free from many grudges and baggage if you think about it.

And another passage was quoted by Ritva, when I told her of my worries and apprehensions of my future.

"...for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure" Philippians 2:13

I know that this verse is about leading a fulfilling one's salvation as a saved Christian, but hey, who says one's job and career, or heck, even internship is not part of fulfilling one's potential as a Christian or even one's talents? She meant that God will help mould and guide me even as I bump my way through ideas, fantasies..and even applications.

True enough, 3 months later, I got the internship in a Christian organization. Others will call it coincidence and self-fulfilling prophecy. But to those who live by a separate standard and framework, they call it God's Timing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home